SAIGA is calling upon all employers in the accounting and auditing field to participate in the Generating Reliable Accountable Sensible(GRASP) Fund. The Institute has been awarded funding by the FASSET SETA to develop aspiring Registered Government Auditors (RGA).
Qualifying candidates will be enrolled in the professional development programme for RGA’s and will write the RGA professional designation exam. Upon successful completion the candidates will be awarded with the prestigious RGA professional designation. The programme will be rolled out from the 7th of June 2021 and be concluded by 31 March 2022.
The training programme will be provided virtually, however assessments will be conducted on a traditional sit-down format. The examinations are scheduled to take place in August and November 2021.Workplace mentoring, assessment preparation, GASP assessments and RGA QE.
All these will be funded through the GRASP Fund.
A: APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS_ CANDIDATES
• Must be a South African Citizen with valid Identity Document.
• Must have a relevant university degree in auditing, accounting, or equivalent.
• Must be unemployed, or a trainee enrolled on an equivalent learnership programme.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant auditing experience.
• Must be African candidates nationally, coloured candidates in the Northern Cape and Western Cape, or People with disabilities from all races nationally.
B: APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS-EMPLOYERS
• Interested employers will be required to undergo the SAIGA Registered Training Office (RTO) accreditation process.
• Must have internal capacity to provide on-the-job mentoring support.
• Should be able to sign-off candidates for workplace experience.
• Signed learnership agreement/ training contracts.
C: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
• Detailed CV of the candidate(s).
• Certified ID copy.
• Certified academic qualifications records.
Applications must be emailed to Graspfund@saiga.co.za by no later than 31st of May 2021