The Southern African Institute of Government Auditors (SAIGA) is operating on a non-profit basis to serve the public interest. As a professional body, SAIGA represents a unique brand of professionals, the Registered Government Auditor (RGA) in the public sector and in academia. The RGA is considered the highest professional designation within the public sector auditing (previously known as government auditing).
- Recognition as a Public Sector Auditor and Accounting professional
- Ex-officio Commissioners of Oaths according to Act 16 of 1963
- Access to online learning
- Access to webinars and podcasts
- Special rates when buying a motor vehicle
- Special rates for public sector accounting CPD courses
- Lifestyle Special rates
- Access to further discounts to attend SAIGA seminars, events, and conferences, and those offered by our partners
- Special rates to the Southern African Journal of Accountability and Accounting Research publication
- Technical guidance
Associate membership is conferred on individuals who holds NQF Level 7 academic commercial degree, diploma, and possess a minimum of three years public sector auditing and accounting experience but have not yet completed the RGA designation.
Student membership is awarded to students studying commercial degree or diploma, and who are not full-time employed
Affiliate membership is conferred on individuals who are not practicing auditing and accounting in the public sector and have also not completed the RGA designation.
Graduate membership is conferred on individuals who holds an NQF Level 7 commercial degree, diploma who are practicing auditing and accounting in the public sector but do not possess a minimum of three years public sector auditing and accounting experience, and have not yet completed the RGA designation.
Upgrade to Fellow (RGA) Member
Fellow membership is conferred on individuals who holds or have completed the Registered Government Auditor (RGA) designation